ISIS Is Behind The Terror Attack On Nigerian Soldiers In Yobe

Terrorist group, Islamic State aka ISIS has claimed responsibility for an attack which led to the deaths of eight soldiers in Damaturu, Yobe state capital.

A civilian was also killed, while five persons sustained injuries in the tragic incident which occurred on Tuesday.

According to a statement, the militant group, which Boko Haram pledged alliance to two years ago, explained how its members organised the operation.

“The fighters took three four-wheel-drive vehicles and others mounted with rifles and heavy weaponry and various ammunition,” the statement said.

ISIS did not provide evidence for its claim.

A resident of Sassawa village, where the attack happened said the insurgents broke into shops and took away food items.

“The boys (insurgents) had a field day. After the attack, they forced many shops and stores open and carted food items away,” he had said.

Kayode Ogunsanya, spokesman of 3 division military base in Damaturu, said there was casualty on both sides but he could not ascertain the number.

“There was casualty on both sides but I cannot ascertain the number. Men on ground had repelled the attack,” Ogunsanya had said.

This is the first time that ISIS will take full responsibility for an attack in Nigeria.

Last week, President Muhammadu Buhari said he was disturbed after realising the link between the Boko Haram sect and ISIS.

Buhari said this at a joint press conference he held with President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey during his visit to the country.

 

Please follow and like us:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *